Did you know that it’s standard practice for the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) regional enforcement team to inspect an operator’s site if they’ve newly registered or been issued with a fixed penalty notice?
DVSA inspectors have wide-ranging powers and their inspections are mandatory under the terms of your Goods Vehicle Operator Licence.
All of which can make O Licence compliance seem daunting.
But it doesn’t need to be when you work with Road Skills.
Our unique O Licence Audit, which is measured against the latest Undertaking 2011 — not the 1995 undertaking issued to you by the Traffic Commissioners — takes the hassle out of compliance. We ensure you meet the correct Undertaking, with no need for second-guessing the answers or compiling complex reports, so giving you complete peace of mind.
We check all your procedures and policies are compliant, and if there are any gaps we recommend and can deliver the right training for you and your team.
You’ll simply need to answer a series of direct, straightforward questions — all addressing O Licence parameters — so we can check all your procedures and policies are compliant.
The areas we address are broken down into…
- The law relating to operating vehicles as it applies to O-Licence compliance
- Driver hours, tachographs, and associated record-keeping
- Observing speed limits
- Defect reporting, management and recording
- Vehicle maintenance and record keeping
- Compliance with vehicle and trailer load and weight limits
- Ensuring only an authorised operating centre is used, and vehicle numbers do not exceed those authorised for the centre
- Ensuring the Traffic
- Commissioner is notified of relevant changes within 28 days.
If we find any problems, we will identify what needs to be done and can also help you implement the changes through focused training for you and your team.
Call us now on 0113 436 0810 and let’s keep you O Licence compliant!
“Road Skills provide a common sense approach and means of monitoring training and compliance. Their O Licence audit is thorough. We have adopted and actioned their recommendations to remain compliant”Ian Miller, Managing Director, Frederick R Miller Ltd